By Austin Brown
If they can fix their defensive issues, the Oklahoma Sooners can still go far.
- Oklahoma’s quest for the CFB Playoff is not completely over, but it got a whole lot tougher after the Iowa State loss. Bill Connelly projects which teams have the best chance of battling it out for the title in January.
- Was last week’s loss to Iowa State an anomaly? Vegas sort of thinks so. The Oklahoma Sooners are favored by 7.5 over Texas despite last week’s lackluster performance. If OU were to cover the spread, it would be its largest margin of victory in the series for OU since 2012.
- Yahoo Sports unanimously picked Baker Mayfield as the best quarterback of the first half of the season. When you look at virtually any measurable statistic, it’s hard to disagree.
- The outcome of Saturday’s Red River Shootout could hinge on OU’s ability to contain Texas wide receiver Collin Johnson. The Sooners have secondary has struggled mightily the last two games and will certainly have to be better this weekend.
- Oklahoma and Texas are trending in opposite directions ahead of the Red River Shootout. Texas has been firing on …read more